Thomas Schweller, M.D.
PEDIATRIC AND ADULT NEUROLOGY
Dr. SchwellerDr. Thomas Schweller is a licensed pediatric and adult neurologist with a specialty in Electroencephalography. He is practicing in Southern California with offices in San Diego and Northridge. He is currently an Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Neurosciences at the University of California at San Diego. He has a particular interest in childhood brain injuries and the effect of vaccines on brain function.
Before becoming a neurologist, Dr. Schweller earned both a Bachelor’s degree in Biology and an M.D. from Georgetown University in Washington D.C. During his undergraduate years, he was the Vice Chairman of the D.C. Youth Council on Mental Retardation. He then became a Forum Planner for the White House Conference on Children in 1969.
Dr. Schweller completed two years of postgraduate education in Pediatrics at the Children’s Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. During that time, he studied Pediatric Pathology at St. Christopher’s Hospital with a special interest in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. He then completed a four year Neurology Fellowship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Dr. Schweller is a Diplomat of the American Board of Pediatrics, the American Board of Neurology and Psychiatry and the American Board of Qualification in Electroencephalography. He holds professional memberships in the American Academy of Neurology, the Child Neurology Society, the American Epilepsy Society and the National Association of Disability Examiners.
Dr. Schweller has been an assistant director of the pediatric teaching program at Mercy Hospital in San Diego. During that time, he did electrical assessments for the Infant Apnea Program. He was a Consultant for the Department of Social Services in the Social Security Disability program. During this time, he was a two-time president of the California Branch of the National Association of Disability Examiners and organized the Pacific Regional Conference for that organization.
Dr. Schweller continues to be active in the private practice of Neurology. He is currently an Agreed Medical Examiner and a qualified medical examiner for the State of California in Industrial Medicine. He continues to assess and treat seizure disorders and head injuries and performs electro-diagnostic testing.
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BIOLOGY Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- MEDICAL DEGREE Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- 1979-present Private practice of Neurology
- 1979-1982 Clinical teaching position at Mercy Hospital San Diego Pediatrics and Neurology
- 1983-1988 Medical Consultant, Dept. of Social Services, Social Security Disability, San Diego, California
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- California Medical License #G38850
- American Board of Pediatrics 1978
- American Board of Neurology and Psychiatry 1980
- American Board of Qualification in EEG 1981
- Child Neurology Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Epilepsy Society
- National Association of Disability Examiners