HEIDI L. YELLEN, MA, BCET
EDUCATIONAL THERAPIST & PSYCHOEDUCATIONAL DIAGNOSTICIAN
Mrs. Yellen is a Board Certified Educational Therapist and is a qualified Psychoeducational Diagnostician. As one of an elite group, she received an exclusive invitation to the Ukraine for an international conference to exchange ideas and current research in learning disabilities. Her work in the area of special education earned her the reputation of a hard line negotiator and patient advocate. Mrs. Yellen received invitations to lecture nationally on topics such as Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Tourette Syndrome, Autism and Learning Disabilities.
Mrs. Yellen has a Master’s degree in Education with a specialty in Counseling and Guidance from California State University, Northridge. She holds multiple credentials, which include Resource Specialist, Standard Teaching, Learning Handicapped Specialist, Pupil Personnel Services, and Psychometry, with an emphasis in Psychoeducational Testing. She is Board Certified as a professional member of the Association of Educational Therapists as well as serving on the governing board. Additionally, Mrs. Yellen holds professional memberships with the International Orton Dyslexia Society, American Board of Medical Psychotherapists, American Board of Disability Analysts, the Association for Children with Learning Disabilities and Children with Attention Deficit Disorder.
With her husband, Dr. Andrew Yellen, Mrs. Yellen coauthored “Understanding the Learning Disabled Athlete” which many consider a pioneering effort in the field. She is currently practicing in Southern California and is co-owner of Yellen & Associates, where she is head of Educational Services.
Along with her lecturing at numerous academic institutions, Mrs. Yellen was an integral part of curriculum design committees for educational therapists and consulted for private schools and institutions.
11260 Wilbur Ave., Suite 303
Northridge, CA 91326
Office: (818) 360-3078
Fax: (818) 360-4327
MASTER OF ARTS IN EDUCATION
Emphasis: Counseling & Guidance
California State University, Northridge
Degree Awarded: June 1975
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN ANTHROPOLOGY
California State University, Northridge
Degree Awarded: June 1970
- 1985-Present Educational Therapist & Head of Educational Services Yellen & Associates Psychological & Educational Services Northridge, California
- 1978-1988 Resource/ Special Education Teacher Los Angeles Unified School District Los Angeles, California
- 1976-1978 Resource/ Special Education Teacher Saugus Unified School District Saugus, California
- 1970-1974 Elementary School Teacher Saugus Unified School District Saugus, California
- 1998 Dispute Resolution Program, Los Angeles City Attorney, Los Angeles Unified School District, Los Angels, California
- 1996 Lecturer- Tourette Syndrome, Northridge Hospital, Northridge, California
- 1995 Lecturer, International Conference for Learning Disabilities, Research & Practice in Attention Deficit Disorder, Jerusalem, Israel
- 1994 Delegate- Russia, Ukraine and Latvia, Citizen Ambassador Program, Washington, D.C.
- 1993 Lecturer- Early Childhood Development, Los Angeles Unified School District, Los Angeles, California
- 1989 Lecturer, Association of Educational Therapists, Los Angeles, California
Yellen, AG, Yellen, HL (1985) Understanding the Learning Disabled Athlete.
CC Thomas Publishing. Los Angeles CA
CREDENTIALS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Board Certified Educational Therapist
- California Standard Teaching Credential
- Pupil Personnel Services Credential
- Psychometry Credential
- Learning Handicapped Specialist Credential
- Resource Specialist Certificate & Competence Credential
- Board Certified Professional Member, Association of Educational Therapists
- Member, American Board of Medical Psychotherapists
- Diplomate, American Board of Disability Analysts
- Senior Disability Analyst, American Board of Disability Analysts
- Member, International Orton Dyslexia Society
- Member, Association for Children with Learning Disabilities
- Member, Children with Attention Deficit Disorder